Wondering what to get an already adventurous guy or one you want to inspire to get outside more?! Even for the experienced outdoor adventurer who has it all, I am confident you will find the perfect adventurous gift for any male hiker or outdoorsman here.
Get a gift to fuel his hiking and outdoor passion. Setting off on the trail, immersing oneself in the rugged timeless beauty of nature, and conquering challenging terrains— is more than just a recreational activity; it’s a passion for many men who crave the thrill of the great outdoors.
These outdoor adventure gifts will help with comfort, convenience, or just plain fun outdoors.
You’ll find gear that can elevate his outdoor adventure experience in many ways; a Jetboil for coffee/food, a handcrafted wood fire starter, or the most popular wool hiking socks out there.
In this personally curated, tried, and true hiking gear gift list, we’ve got an array of practical and unique hiking gifts he probably wouldn’t think of himself.
Distinguished awards are listed for several items such as ‘Top-Rated’ on REI or ‘Amazon’s Choice’. Buy with confidence and know the best of the best outdoor adventure gifts for him have been assembled here.
🎁Outdoor Adventure Gifts for Him Under $25 🎁 (Great Stocking Stuffers!)
You’ll need a rugged water bottle (or several) made of stainless steel or other tough materials, built to withstand rough treatment and any outdoor adventure. NALGENE is the leader in this space, for good reason. My favorite is the “flask” style Nalgene bottles because they can be easily fitted in and amongst other gear in his pack.
- Sturdy, slim, and portable
- Loop top cap allows easy carrying
- Tough & durable Tritan – impact resistant and shatterproof BPA/BPS free
- “It scores high on all marks for me. I took it camping and hiking. Buy it, you won’t regret it.” Amazon Review
2. Iodine Tablets
This is a no-brainer hedge against getting lost on a climb, running out of drinkable water, and ceasing to exist. The rule of 3 is very much at play when out among the elements. The rule being that human beings aren’t designed to remain functional without oxygen for 3 minutes, water for 3 days, and food for 3 weeks. So having a reliable, safe way to sanitize drinking water could save your life. Iodine pills will do the trick! Allowing one or two tablets to dissolve in a water bottle and sit for about an hour before drinking.
3. High-Quality Hiking Socks
Insulated socks are essential for comfort and preventing blisters. Moisture-wicking and cushioned options are the way to go for any outdoor adventure. These socks will help his feet stay dry and prevent blistering.
- REI ‘Top Rated’ Our most popular products–the best of the best
- Elasticized arch braces, wicks moisture
- Indestructawool™ technology
- “I’ve been using Smartwool socks since 2020 and have yet to have a pair wear out. More importantly, they’re the softest most comfortable and supportive socks that I’ve ever owned.” REI Review
4. Emergency Shelter
Lightweight, rugged emergency shelters like a bivvy sack or an ultralight tent can be invaluable in emergency situations on an outdoor adventure. For how lightweight and compact these are made it’s a no-brainer for the guy who enjoys multi-day outdoor adventures. They trap body heat and provide shelter in dire overnight situations.
- #1 Best Seller in Bivy Sacks on Amazon
- Emergency sleeping bag, a makeshift blanket, or as part of a survival shelter when camping
- Wind & waterproof, tear and puncture-resistant, reflects 90% of your body heat
- “Great for the 10 essentials when hiking!” Amazon Review
5. Dry Bag
These are great for keeping gear and clothes dry during wet hikes or stream or river crossings. Say you slip on some rocks and set sail down some fast-moving white water, you’ll want your phone to stay dry and functional so when you finally drag yourself to shore you can call someone to bring you a towel. This is the perfect adventure gift for him that he most likely doesn’t have yet needs!
- Ideal for hiking, backpacking, kayaking, camping, paddle boarding, cycling, and travel
- Lightweight 8-liter roll-top dry sack is a do-it-all dry storage
- 92% 4+ star reviews on Amazon
- “Large enough to hold at least 5 days rations for a hike on the AT. They are my go-to bag for hiking” Amazon Review
6. Simple Fire Starter Kit
Having but not needing a comprehensive fire-starting kit that includes tinder, waterproof matches, and a fire starter puts an adventurous guy in a much better position than needing one and not having one. UBERLEBEN sets the bar high for very cool, very well-made fire starter kits. An essential item for any outdoorsman and a cool gift for him.
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ in Camping Firestarters
- Traditional Ferro Rod, Handcrafted Wood Handle
- Ignite any fire with ease at any altitude or in any weather you get caught in, even wet
- “Purchased as stocking stuffer for a hiker. One of those things everyone who goes on hikes or camps should have, never know when you might need it. Easy to get a good spark, has everything needed to make a fire except dry wood.” Amazon Review
🎁Outdoor Adventure Gifts for Him Over $25🎁
7. High-Quality Hiking Boots
High-Quality Hiking Boots: A solid pair of hiking boots is absolutely essential for any outdoorsy guy, no matter what the activity. A pair that’s durable, waterproof, and offers good ankle support can be the difference between a fun and memorable workout and an uncomfortable soggy slog.
- AKA ‘The Mother of all Boots’
- ‘Top Rated’ on REI (rated 4.5 stars or more)
- Known for comfort and versatility
- “Comfort right out of the box. Used for backpacking in snow, slush, mud, and rugged trail climbing in Colorado in temps ranging from 20-60 degrees. The Moab 3 works for me.” REI Review
Having the right pack for adventures is vital. For weekend warrior day hikes, a 20L pack with some lumbar support, adjustable chest and waist straps, and enough pockets to carry some extra clothes, food, water, and other essentials is ideal.
- BioSync suspension fine-tunes the fit and helps with moisture management
- Adjustable torso length
- “I really like this pack, it fits my back very well to the point sometimes I don’t even know it’s on. I like the chest straps (they don’t gauge my armpits. Highly recommend.” REI Review
9. Hiking Poles AKA Trekking Poles
Hiking poles can provide stability and reduce strain on the knees during long walks or hikes, especially on descents. Help keep him comfortable on the trail and after by reducing soreness and overuse from long walks and hikes.
- 100% carbon fiber material = incredible lightness
- Anti-slip natural cork grips absorb sweat
- Collapsible & easily adjustable for different heights
- “I use them every time I hike one or two times a week. They help my back and knees.” Amazon Review
10. Compressible Jacket
Being able to easily remove a jacket, compress it down into a cozy little ball, stuff it in your pack only to need it in 5 minutes, take it out, and put it on again can be game-changing. Help him stay dry and warm on any outdoor adventure! Choose HELLY-HANSEN for an all-but impermeable rain jacket.
A reliable, waterproof light source is imperative for the adventurous guy who likes to go out before the sun comes up or stays out til sunset.
- 1600 lumen max that can reach over 203 yards and comes with an auxiliary red LED and high CRI neutral LED
- 5-year free repair guarantee
- Over 84% of reviews are 5-star
- “The headband works well and sticks well to my round head – most headlamps don’t do well on me.” Amazon Review
12. GPS, COMPASS, TIME KEEPING DEVICE (Military Grade Material)
Depending on where your route takes you, navigation tools can be of paramount importance for outdoor adventures, and a GPS device or compass will help him stay on the right path. Although our phones can be of great assistance when navigating, a phone’s functionality is largely dependent on cellular service coverage, which can be lacking depending on geography. Being able to rely on commercial satellites to light your path to waypoints is a more dependable bet. GARMIN has long since set the standard for wearable or handheld GPS navigation systems.
- Over 23,500 reviews on Amazon (94% 4+ star)
- Heartrate monitor and Bluetooth wireless
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems
- “The biggest selling point for me was the battery life, heart rate monitor, and smart watch phone pairing.” Amazon Review
13. First Aid Kit
Stuff your outdoorsy guy’s stocking with this packed first-aid kit! A well-equipped first aid kit can be a lifesaver in emergencies. Having open wounds on the trail sucks, simple as that. You want some tools to help stop bleeding, clean wounds, cover blisters, and provide the ability to pry out splinters. ADVENTURE MEDICAL KITS has always served me well in supplying great first aid kits.
- 7.2 ounces and waterproof
- Kit includes sterile bandage materials, bleeding and wound care, blister/burn care, fracture/sprain for up to four people pver course of four days
- “Compact and fits in well with hiking kit. I added a few items to it and it still had some room in pouch to add more stuff. Truly is waterproof.” Amazon Review
14. Portable Stove & Pot
What’s more manly than sipping a cup of hot black coffee on the trail, at the top of a mountain, or anywhere else that lacks electricity?! With this Jetboil he can melt snow to replenish his water supply, make a hot cup of tea to relax upon a summit after a long trek, or boil water to pour into a freeze-dried food bag. There is no better company (or gift!) then Jetboil for this culinary setup.
- Boils water in 5 minutes or less
- Includes insulating cozy to keep your drinks and meals warm
- Stove burner and your own 100g fuel canister stow inside the cup
- “The name says it all. It boils water quickly. Best way to cook on those backcountry adventures. Super lightweight so you don’t weigh down your backpack.” REI Review
15. Sunscreen & Bug Spray
An essential for an outdoorsy guy! Because it’s not manly or cool to be covered in bugs. 😉 Ben’ 100 is a bug spray that actually works!
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ in insect & tick repellant
- Provides max protection against mosquitoes, flies, gnats, ticks, and other harmful biting insects
- “The long-lasting effectiveness of Ben’s 100 is commendable. A single application typically provides protection for several hours, allowing me to enjoy my outdoor activities without the constant need for reapplication.” Amazon Review
Name a cooler gift for an outdoorsman! A solid folding pocket, a solid fixed blade, and a solid multi-tool are 3 knives every respondent to the call of the wild should have at hand. Colorado River Knife & Tool (CRKT) makes some of the best built folding knives I’ve ever had the pleasure of using. GLOCK makes a perfect and mean looking fixed blade knife with a high density polymer light weight handle. LEATHERMAN is king when it comes to an invaluable multi-tool.
- Aluminum handle combines strength with minimal weight
- Triple Point serrations cut fibrous materials with ease
- 93% of reviews are 4+ stars on Amazon
- “Best folding knife any outdoorsmen, survivalist, or prepper can have.” Amazon Review
17. High-Quality Water Resistant Binoculars
What guy doesn’t like to pretend he’s playing army in the woods?! High-quality, waterproof binoculars with excellent optics for scouting upcoming challenges of terrain, spotting advancing weather, and spying on wildlife are a fun and engaging tool when out in the wild. BUSHNELL has continually crafted top notch, state of the art optics for outdoor adventuring. Spring for a water proof set is worth it because as they say, “water, water everywhere.”
18. Portable Solar Charger
There’s nothing fun about a dead phone when you’re following a map on an app. A portable charger with a durable, shockproof design, keeps electronic devices powered during outdoor adventures. Most of us operating in the modern world have a smartphone. They’re great in myriad situations, including life threatening ones. Keeping a phone charged in case of necessity is important, hence why a portable, solar charger and relevant charging cords are a worth while addition to any adventurous guy’s toolkit.
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ in Portable Power Banks
- Charges up 6 times for an iPhone, 4 times for a Samsung and 2.5 times for a tablet
- Foldable solar panel charger can be hung on your backpack for solar charging
- “I ordered this for our recent trip to Tanzania – for the long plane ride, hiking Kilimanjaro, and safaris. When I saw how many of the porters and guides on the trek had the same charger, I knew I had made the right choice.” Amazon Review
19. Walkie-Talkies/2-Way Radio
This is a perfect gift to make those partner (or 2 person) hikes and adventures a little more fun! When we hike Jared is usually up ahead of me so having these to stay in contact with over screaming someone’s name really helps! And in certain extremely windy, rainy, treacherous situations where line of sight and sound are obscured or canceled altogether, having a reliable walkie-talkie communications set could make all the difference. MOTOROLA has always produced fantastic walkie-talkies for an affordable price and is a great gift for an outdoorsy guy!
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ in Two-Way Radios
- Able to withstand harsh environments.
- Receive NOAA weather/emergency alerts
- Rechargeable, 22 channel, 35 mile range
- “We went on a five-day/four-night offroading trip. The battery life lasted the full five days with moderate use. Range was great.” Amazon Review
20. AllTrails or REI Membership
If you’re unsure of specific gear or preferences, gift cards to outdoor stores or online retailers will allow your outdoorsy buddy to choose their own getup. Here are some great outdoors sites where you can find these and many other gifts.
- DICKs Sporting Goods
Hope you found some awesome gifts on this list of adventurous gifts for him!
I hope you discovered the perfect gift that seamlessly blends functionality, durability, and style, enhancing the journey for the adventurous guy in your life.
And if you’re looking for ‘hiking gifts for her’ check out this post here!